Jump to navigation Jump to search
I've done this so often it needs its own page.
Names/Words that Have More Than One Spelling
- Meredan and Meridan: the language. I think it's Meridan in AF and Meredan everywhere else, so I am leaning toward the latter. Jury is still out so tell me which you see more often.
- Thondar and Thonder: captain of the Jerisa. I'm going with Thonder because it makes him sound less like a barbarian.
- Imtherili (Amulet Rampant) and Imthereli (everywhere else): I have checked and it's actually more often Imthereli. I like that better anyway so that's the spelling.
- Delairenenard and Delerenenard: It's the latter. It sounds the same either way though.
- Lafayette, Lafeyette, and Lefeyette: KindlesFlame's first name has been through a lot of canonical iterations. I've settled on Lafayette.
- Sovanil and Sovenil: I guess Imma go with the first because Sovenil looks like a conjugated Ai-Naidari verb.
- solidigraph and solidograph: It's solidigraph, what was I thinking with the last one. *facedesk*
- Fasianyl and Fassianyl: This one seems so minor in comparison to the others, but I'm going with Fasianyl because it makes her name look more differenter from Fassiana's.
- Noble's Row and Nobles' Row: Technically the latter is more correct but the former is more common so I'm sticking with the former.
- Leary/Lery/Levi: The interim captain of the Stardancer preceding Alysha. Correct variant is Leary. (He probably gets his mail misdirected all the time.)
- Yuvreth't and Juvreth't from the Glaseahn creation story in Mindtouch, still undecided.
- Hea and HEA: The "brief glossary" says it's an abbreviation for "healer assist", not an acronym, but a few books have it in all-caps.