The fourth book of the 5-book Dreamhealers series, about Jahir and Vasiht'h and their early years.
- Series: Dreamhealers
- Book: 4
- Publication Date: April 2018
- Editions: Ebook and Paperback
Jahir and Vasiht’h have spent five years together in practice on Starbase Veta, and their life is everything they’d hoped: their practice is fantastic, their social standing great, and their domestic life a blissful routine. So when Vasiht’h discovers his partner has “accidentally” accrued enough continuing education credits to become a licensed healer-assist after deciding against that path in college, he can’t help but wonder… are they on the wrong path?
Since Jahir himself isn’t talking, Vasiht’h decides someone needs to make some decisions. If those decisions lead them to the Alliance’s foremost resort planet, where the licensing exams are being held, well… surely they could use a beach vacation. Jahir sits his test, Vasiht’h has some purple drinks with umbrellas on the beach, and they both go home with a renewed sense of purpose.
What could possibly go wrong?
Tags and Content Notes
- Tags: found family, space opera, pastoral, new adult, psychology, relationships, asexual, furries, elves (space)
- Rating: PG for some action, emotional situations
- Case studies: Short stories in which Jahir and Vasiht'h address the problems of their clients (or of their own). More case studies appear in Dreamhearth.
- "Case Study: Finite" - in which an Akubi is distressed by a sky with boundaries.
- "Case Study: Piano" - in which Jahir reveals why he rarely plays the piano.
- "Case Study: Swimming" - in which Jahir goes swimming.
- "Case Study: Wet" - in which Jahir and Vasiht'h face an old enemy in the deadly drug wet.
- "Case Study: The Christmas Tree" - in which Barron sends Jahir and Vasiht'h a paw fir tree for Christmas, and others help decorate it with items important to their own religions or cultures.
- Recipe: Mango Pineapple Fruity Drink
- Species of the Alliance
- About Rexina Regina, author of Healed by Her Immortal Heart
- Author sketches: