The second book of the 5-book Dreamhealers series, about Jahir and Vasiht'h and their early years.
- Series: Dreamhealers
- Book: 2
- Publication Date: December, 2013
- Editions: Ebook and Paperback
At the advice of Vasiht’h, his first and truest friend, Jahir Seni Galare has accepted one of the most coveted residencies in xenotherapy, even though doing so has severed him from all the relationships he’s fostered since leaving his cloistered homeworld. But not all the simulations at school have prepared him for the reality of being an esper in a hospital large enough to serve the winter capital of the entire Alliance, and it’s not long before he’s questioning the wisdom of having left the university for the tumult of one of the largest port cities in the known worlds.
When Vasiht’h follows Jahir to Selnor, he’s not sure whether his plan is to help his friend survive his residency, or to drag him back to Seersana University and into a less strenuous program. But a storm is coming to Heliocentrus, one they’re uniquely positioned to address, and their nascent mental link is about to receive its first test in the crucible that will either forge their lifelong partnership—or kill them both.
Tags and Content Notes
- Tags: found family, space opera, pastoral, medical drama, low conflict, asexual, furries, elves (space)
- Rating: PG for emotional situations
- Frontmatter: "Brief Glossary"
- Contents: 34 chapters plus epilogue
- "Almond Saucers" (recipe)
- "The Species of the Alliance"
- "Author Sketches"
- "Return to the Alliance" (advice on what to read next)
- "About the Author"